Mini Wagon Wheels
The shortbread biscuit is simple, yet delicious and it pairs well with the coconut cream and jam filling. Coated in chocolate? Yes please!
- Baking tray
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Rolling pin or jar
- Round biscuit cutter or the rim of a jar
- 50 g plant milk of choice
- 100 g cocao butter, melted or coconut oil
- 100 g brown sugar or sugar of choice
- 200 g plain flour
- 60 g coconut cream fat leave a can of coconut milk or cream in the fridge and use the solid part once it has separated.
- 8 tsp blueberry jam or jam of choice
- 160 g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the biscuit ingredients until well combined then refrigerate (covered) for up to 20 minutes.
- Use a rolling pin to flatten mixture onto the bench and then get your round biscuit cutter (I used a jar) to cut your dough into biscuits.
- Place biscuits onto a lined tray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Leave on the bench to cool before completing the next steps.
- Take your coconut cream and whip it using a fork to make it easier to work with.
- Equally spoon the coconut cream onto half of the number of biscuits. (The amount here depends on the size of your biscuits).
- Equally spoon the jam onto the creamed biscuits.
- Press all of the bare biscuits onto each biscuit that has the filling (don't press it too hard).
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl and coat each biscuit 'sandwich' in the chocolate (using a fork to make the process easy). Place each one back onto the lined tray and place in the fridge.
- Enjoy once the chocolate is set (if you can wait that long).