Coffee Banana Cake
This is the best banana cake you will ever eat. The texture has been perfected and the taste is spot on. Give it a try!
- Mixing bowl and spoon
- Cake tin
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup plant milk I use soy or cashew
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup oil of choice I use either grapeseed or melted cocao butter
- 1 cup sugar of choice I use raw or coconut
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 2 cup self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt to taste
- 1 tsp baking soda bicarb soda
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee powder
- 100 g dark chocolate optional* roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add the chia seeds and boiling water to a large bowl and leave for 5 minutes so the seeds can absorb the liquid.
- Add the rest of the wet ingredients, including the banana and mix.
- Dissolve the ground coffee into the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold through using a spoon.
- Pour mixture into a square tin that is lined with baking paper (or your desired cake tin).
- Top with some more banana and chocolate if you want to.
- Bake for approx. 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean and the top is golden brown.
- Leave the cake on the bench to cool down before adding it to a sealed container and storing it either in the pantry or fridge.
This is my go to banana bread/cake recipe. If you don’t like coffee just omit it and make the banana cake without it!