Creamy Dill and Mushroom Pasta
Creamy sauce made from cashews, fresh dill and mixed mushrooms… you can't go wrong with this recipe!
- Fry pan
- Medium pot (or saucepan)
- Chopping board and sharp knife
- High speed blender
Creamy Dill Sauce
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 1 hour
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp nutritional yeast optional
- 1 tsp vegetable stock
- 1 bunch fresh dill to taste
- 1 Tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 250 g dry pasta of choice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 whole red onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic diced
- 500 g mushrooms sliced (a mixed variety of mushrooms is best or cup mushrooms)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for at least one hour before you start cooking.
- In a blender, blitz the ingredients for the creamy dill sauce and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling water, cook the dry pasta until soft, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, fry onion and garlic in oil until it starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach and fry until soft.
- Turn off heat and mix through the pasta and creamy dill sauce.
- Divide into bowls and top with some more fresh dill and whole seed mustard.