Rich chocolate with a fudgey texture… can it get much better than this? Well, yes it can! These brownies are all of the above PLUS the edition of vegetables! Perfect for sneaking those vegetables in for fussy kids (or adults) while still being extremely delicious.
- Lined baking tray
- Potato masher
- Sharp knife
- Large mixing bowl
- Microwave safe bowl
- 300 g beetroot peeled and cubed
- 1 cup plant milk I used cashew
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or any flavourless oil
- 1 1/4 cups raw sugar
- 1 cup cacao powder
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 100 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup beetroot water see method
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Add beetroot cubes in a bowl and pour in water so it is just covering the beetroot and cook in the microwave on high for at 10 minutes (or until soft).
- Drain the beetroot and save 1/2 a cup of the water for later.
- Add the beetroot to a bowl and mash it into a purée.
- Add all the saved beetroot water, plant milk grapeseed oil and chia seeds to the beetroot purée. Leave to sit for 5 minutes so the chia seeds absorb the liquid.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into a lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes or until fully cooked through.
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know how it turned out for you! Please leave a comment below and tag @_happyherbivore on Instagram.